Independent Soil Sampling Service helping you to stay in control of your fertiliser inputs
With the latest Farming Rules for Water guidance it is now a legal requirement to have all arable soils analysed for basic nutrients every 5 years. This is best managed using cropping or similar rotations around a farm to cover every field within this timeframe. A standard soil analysis will last for 4 years providing huge value when purchasing expensive fertilisers.
Being independent means we don’t do a ‘one size fits all’ service. We can suggest a bespoke sampling package that fits perfectly with your farm. Every field and soil is different so it pays to be precise and get the job done right.
We can talk about
- Intensity of sampling, from 1 per field to 1 per hectare
- Grid sizes and how to split your fields
- Is Precision sampling necessary?
- Sample zones using soil type and past knowledge
- Logging sample points for future resampling
- The type of analysis. Does the same one fit every field? Plenty of options
The laboratories we use provide a quick, accurate and impartial service operating within the ISO 9001 and UKAS 17025 certifications. Our expert sampling teams cover Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and the whole of Eastern England. Operating quad bikes or 2wd electric motorbikes we can maximise our efficiency and time spent in the field.
Ask us about the different methods we can use to collect your samples. 1 per field, 1 per 4ha, 1 per 10ha, 1 per soil type zone, 1 or more samples per field with a GPS logged point for future re sampling.
For GPS based precision sampling click GPS Grid Mapping
For PCN sampling click PCN Analysis
See our portfolio of soil analyses options below
All of the analyses can have Organic Matter % added to them.
- Soil Carbon Assessment – Total Carbon, Total Organic Carbon, Organic Matter, Total Nitrogen, C:N Ratio, Total Carbon Stock
- Soil Carbon Assessment Extra – Total Carbon, Total Organic Carbon, Total Nitrogen, Organic Matter, C:N Ratio, Total Carbon Stock, Active Carbon, Bulk Density, CO2 Respiration, Microbial Biomass, Potentially Mineralisable Nitrogen
- Basic Soil – P, K, Mg, pH + optional Organic Matter %
- Basic Soil Plus – P, K, Mg, pH, Mn, Cu, B, S
- Basic Glasshouse Soil – P, K, Mg, pH, L.R. E.C., NO3, + NH3
- Broad Spectrum – P, K, Mg, pH, Ca, S, Na, Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, Mo, B, CEC
- Broad Spectrum Extra – P, K, Mg, pH, Ca, S, Na, Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, Mo, B, CEC, OM %,Sand %, Silt %, Clay %, Soil texture classification
- Total Nutrient Content – N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, Na, Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, Mo, B, DM
- Countryside Stewardship Scheme – pH, P, K, Mg, OM(LOI), Total N(Dumas), Sand/Silt/Clay & Texture
- Animal Health (Soil) – P, K, Mg, pH, Ca, S, Na, Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, Mo, B, Co, I, CEC
- Complete Particle Size – Sand %, Silt %, Clay % incl. Sand Fraction and Soil texture classification
- Soil Texture – Sand %, Silt %, Clay % and soil texture classification
- Heavy Metal Contamination – Pb, Ni, As, Cd, Cr, Hg, Cu, Zn
All results are Gatekeeper compatible
Soil Analysis Examples
Get in touch for soil sampling in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire !