Gypsum (Calcium Sulphate) has always been used in agriculture but more recently recycled grades of material have made gypsum more cost effective to growers. We supply both mined and recycled material. Recycled gypsum now requires a deployment application from the EA. We can handle this application for landowners and liaise to provide the correct information for all deployments.
Uses in agriculture
Conditioning of heavy clay, high mag soils
Treatment of land flooded by salt water
Improved yields & skin finish for carrots and potatoes
Useful source of Sulphur
Useful source of calcium without raising soil pH
Calcium is the single most important nutrient in all living organisms, affecting cell structure, biological activity & soil structure.
Sulphur is an element required for healthy plant growth and is necessary for the production of chlorophyll and the uptake of nitrogen.
Benefits of applying
- Improves soil structure & tilth. Creates friable soils and builds deeper topsoil
- Breaks up soils compacted by sodium & clay
- Reduces cracking & compaction following irrigation and reduces soil crusting aiding seed emergence
- Decreases bhp and energy requirements for tillage by reducing compaction caused by heavy machinery
- Binds organic matter to soil and checks soil erosion
- Enhances friendly bacterial action and discourages plant diseases related to poor soil aeration
- Conditioned soil allows for deeper, healthier root development and water penetration
- Discourages skin fungal diseases on root crops
- Increases soil microbial activity and encourages worms speeding up the decomposition of organic matter
- Supplies highly soluble calcium and sulphur in a form readily available to plants
- Makes essential nutrients more available, such as nitrogen, phosphate, potash, iron & zinc
- Corrects Calcium/Magnesium ratios in high magnesium soils (ideal 6:1)
- Assists drainage
- Leaches out harmful sodium through ionic exchange
- Prevents water logging by maintaining good soil structure
Our material is delivered in bulk and applied using trailed or self-propelled lime spreaders.
For a product specification or more details please contact us